Preparing for a Cesarean section
Preparing for childbirth is not only important in the case of vaginal birth.Even if you are waiting for elective caesarean section, for the sake of the child and easier post-partum period is necessary to pass a special training. Preparing for cesarean section has its own mandatory steps and components. Doctors, instructors prepare for childbirth combined them into a single list.
- After a final medical report on the need to schedule a cesarean training courses for caesarean section . Remember that usually cesarean analgesia his pregnant should sign a written agreement. Appointed date of delivery as close as possible to the date of delivery.
- For 1-2 weeks. before elective Caesarean section will refer you to the hospital. You can offer (assign) an additional examination in the hospital.In some cases, you may need medical correction of the condition.Assessed and the child’s condition. If there are no serious complications, then a cesarean can come the day of surgery or the day before.
- After the 20th week. pregnancy you may be asked to hand over about 300 ml of blood and freeze in spetsmorozilnike for possible blood transfusion during surgery. 2-3 days to recover plasma.
- Discuss elective Caesarean section with a doctor who will do it. Each maternity hospital may have its own peculiarities in cesarean, used in anesthesia (there may be the possibility of using regional anesthesia), and postoperative care.
- Discuss with your doctor the possibility of the presence of her husband on a caesarean section. Find out what you will need for this. Specify whether the child after the birth of her husband to put on the chest instead of you.
- After cesarean section (and sometimes before) will have to spend in the hospital longer than usual. Think about who can take care of older children, the house and pets.
- Speak to your doctor nuances of breastfeeding after surgery when you can start, etc.
- Ask your doctor how to eat before surgery. Usually 12 hours before surgery (before induction of anesthesia) is recommended not to drink or eat. Evening before surgery worth easy dinner. The next two days will be without food.
- The night before the Caesarean section, it is important to sleep well. Given the excitement, ask your doctor to recommend you for a restful sleep.
- Ask a doctor’s permission to take a relaxing bath. Be sure to take before surgery hygienic shower.
- Two hours before caesarean section will be enema.
- Before the actual start of operations be prepared for the introduction of a catheter into the bladder. Remove it a few hours after the operation.
- Ask permission to ask questions during the operation, if used regional anesthesia. Learn about the opportunities put the baby to the breast after birth.
Preparing for cesarean section – is it possible to reduce the effects of surgery. Pay attention to him for the sake of yourself and your baby!